bean and vegetable burritos
Saturday Morning Breakfast Cereal - Paradise
Click here to go see the bonus panel!
When humans finally step into the Experience Machine, their choice of paradise will be heartbreaking.
Healthy adults don’t need annual COVID boosters, WHO advisers say
A vaccine advisory group for the World Health Organization said Tuesday that, at this point, it does not recommend additional, let alone annual, COVID-19 booster shots for people at low to medium risk of severe disease. It advised countries to focus on boosting those at high risk—including older people, pregnant people, and those with underlying medical conditions—every six to 12 months for the near- to mid-term.
The new advice contrasts with proposed plans by the US Food and Drug Administration, which has suggested treating COVID-19 boosters like annual flu shots for the foreseeable future. That is, agency officials have floated the idea of offering updated formulations each fall, possibly to everyone, including the young and healthy.
In a viewpoint published last May in JAMA, the FDA's top vaccine regulator, Peter Marks, along with FDA Commissioner Robert Califf and Principal Deputy Commissioner Janet Woodcock, argued that annual COVID booster campaigns in the fall, ahead of winter waves of respiratory infections—such as flu, COVID-19, and RSV—would protect health care systems from becoming overwhelmed. And they specifically addressed the possibility of vaccinating those at low risk.
1278: Taint of Magic
[ASAP] The Merger of Aryl Radical-Mediated Halogen-Atom Transfer (XAT) and Copper Catalysis for the Modular Cross-Coupling-Type Functionalization of Alkyl Iodides
[ASAP] Dynamic Kinetic Reductive Conjugate Addition for Construction of Axial Chirality Enabled by Synergistic Photoredox/Cobalt Catalysis
Monday assorted links
1. Conservatives often win their battles.
2. Some Afro-Surinamese music.
3. Vyacheslav Dvornikov interviews me (in Russian). And a related piece (in English) on Russia moving toward dependence on China.
4. “A simple heuristic of only judging the level of detail in the message consistently allowed people to discriminate lies from truths.”
5. Small teams vs. large teams.
7. “The second hitman then subcontracted to another hitman, who then subcontracted to a fourth, who gave the job to a fifth.“
The post Monday assorted links appeared first on Marginal REVOLUTION.
- In reply to DanHessinMD. US GDP at PPP per Penn World Tables ... by M
- In reply to DanHessinMD. The change in median age is ... by M
- In reply to M. “But economic apocalypse through falling ... by DanHessinMD
- In reply to M. “Germany, has grown a lot in productivity ... by DanHessinMD
- In reply to JonFraz. “What was the population of ... by DanHessinMD
- Plus 10 more...
Modulating intermolecular interactions by collaborative material design to realize THF-processed organic photovoltaic with 1.3 V open-circuit voltage
DOI: 10.1039/D3EE00344B, Paper
Achieving efficient exciton dissociation and high power conversion efficiency (PCE) becomes a great challenge when the open circuit voltage (VOC) of organic photovoltaic (OPV) reaches the upper limit value of...
The content of this RSS Feed (c) The Royal Society of Chemistry