Wooden Pallets are a fun and trendy way to decorate your home! There are so many different ways to repurpose, reuse and up-cycle them. Here are just a few idea to inspire your next DIY project… Use Recycled Wooden Pallets To Setup An Office What started as a temporary office space solution has become […]
Here Are 5+ Quick and Amazing Facts About Pregnancy – enjoy…
This last one is pretty awesome!
4% Of Women In The U.S. Are Pregnant Right Now
Each year in the United States, there are approximately six million pregnancies. This means that at any one time, about 4% of women in the U.S. are pregnant.
99% of Pregnant Women in US Test Positive For Multiple Chemicals Incl. Banned Ones
The bodies of virtually all US pregnant women carry multiple chemicals, including some banned since the 1970s and others used in common products such as non-stick cookware, processed foods and personal care products. [source]
10% Of Pregnancies End In Miscarriage
Approximately 1 in 10 pregnancies will end in miscarriage. Many miscarriages often occur before a woman even knows she is pregnant.
Older Women Are More Likely To Give Birth To Twins
About 3% of all pregnant women will give birth to twins. This rate is an increase of nearly 60% since the early 1980s. However, 17% of pregnant women over 45 will give birth to twins.
Fewer than 10% of babies are born on their exact due date, 50% are born within one week of the due date, and 90% are born within two weeks of the date.
30% Of U.S. Girls Will Get Pregnant Before Age 20
3 in 10 teen American girls will get pregnant at least once before age 20. That’s nearly 750,000 teen pregnancies every year.
Fetuses Can To Heal Their Mother’s Damaged Organs
During pregnancy, if the mother suffers organ damage, the baby in the womb sends stem cells to repair the damaged organ. [source]
The post Amazing Facts About Pregnancy That You May Not Know appeared first on Better Parenting.
Double Chocolate Biscuits Recipe:
80g white chocolate melts
80g dark chocolate melts
250g butter, at room temperature
125g (3/4 cup) icing sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
300g (2 cups) plain flour
50g (1/2 cup) cocoa powder
250g pkt dark choc chips
2 tablespoons milk
Use an electric beater to beat the butter and sugar in a bowl until pale and creamy. Beat in the vanilla. Add the flour, cocoa powder, choc chips and milk. Stir until a soft dough forms. Turn onto a well-floured surface and bring together. Shape into a disc. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to rest.
Preheat oven to 180ºC. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Cut the dough in half. Roll tablespoonfuls of 1 dough portion into balls. Place, 2cm apart, on the prepared trays. Flatten slightly.
Bake, swapping trays halfway through cooking, for 25 minutes or until firm. Set aside on the trays to cool slightly before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. Repeat with the remaining dough.
Place the white chocolate melts in a small sealable plastic bag. Cook in microwave on medium/ 500watts/50%, stirring every minute, until the chocolate melts and is smooth. Cut about 2mm from 1 corner of the bag. Drizzle the white chocolate over the biscuits. Repeat with the dark chocolate melts, drizzling in the opposite direction to the white chocolate. Set aside for 5 minutes to set.
Northern Lake Baikal, Russia
Lake Baikal is the freshwater lake with greatest volume in the world, containing roughly 20% of the world’s unfrozen surface fresh water. The water of Lake Baikal is renowned for being some of the clearest in the world. When the lake freezes during the winter, an amazing phenomena takes place: large shards of transparent ice form on the surface of the lake, giving the amazing appearance of turquoise ice.
Moraine Lake, Canada
Moraine Lake is a glacially-fed lake in Banff National Park, 14 km (8.7 mi) outside the Village of Lake Louise, Alberta, Canada. It is situated in the Valley of the Ten Peaks.
Taal Volcano Crater Lake, Batangas, Philippines
Taal Lake is a freshwater lake in the province of Batangas, on the island of Luzon in the Philippines
Lake Isabelle, Colorado
Lake Isabel is located within the San Isabel National Forest in Pueblo County and Custer County, Colorado, United States
Lake Solbjornvannet, Norway
Five Flower Lake, China
The pristine water of Wuhua Hai, or Five-Flower Lake, is the pride of Jiuzhaigon National Park in China. The shallow lake glistens different shades of turquoise and its floor is littered with fallen ancient tree trunks.
What Is The Proper Age To Get Married?
“Eighty-four. Because at that age, you don’t have to work anymore, and you can spend all your time loving each other in your bedroom.” (Judy, 8)
“Once I’m done with kindergarten, I’m going to find me a wife.” (Tommy, 5)
What Do Most People Do On A Date?
“On the first date, they just tell each other lies, and that usually gets them interested enough to go for a second date.” (Mike, 10)
When Is It Okay To Kiss Someone
“Never kiss in front of other people. It’s a big embarrassing thing if anybody sees you. But if nobody sees you, I might be willing to try it with a handsome boy, but just for a few hours.” (Kally, 9)
Is It Better To Be Single Or Married?
“It’s better for girls to be single, but not for boys. Boys need somebody to clean up after them.” (Lynette, 9)
“It gives me a headache to think about that stuff. I’m just a kid. I don’t need that kind of trouble.” (Kenny, 7)
Concerning Why Love Happens Between Two People
“No one is sure why it happens, but I heard it has something to do with how you smell. That’s why perfume and deodorant are so popular.” (Jan, 9)
“I think you’re supposed to get shot with an arrow or something, but the rest of it isn’t supposed to be so painful.” (Harlen, 8)
On What Falling In Love Is Like
“Like an avalanche where you have to run for your life.” (Roger, 9)
“If falling in love is anything like learning to spell, I don’t want to do it. It takes too long to learn.” (Leo, 7)
On The Role Of Good Looks In Love And Romance
“If you want to be loved by somebody who isn’t already in your family, it doesn’t hurt to be beautiful.” (Jeanne, 8)
“It isn’t always just how you look. Look at me. I’m handsome like anything and I haven’t got anybody to marry me yet.” (Gary, 7)
“Beauty is skin deep. But how rich you are can last a longtime.” (Christine, 9)
Concerning Why Lovers Often Hold Hands
“They want to make sure their rings don’t fall off, because they paid good money for them.” (David, 8)
Confidential Opinions About Love
“I’m in favor of love as long as it doesn’t happen when The Simpsons are on TV.” (Anita, 6)
“Love will find you, even if you are trying to hide from it. I’ve been trying to hide from it since I was five, but the girls keep finding me.” (Bobby, 8)
“I’m not rushing into being in love. I’m finding fourth grade hard enough.” (Regina, 10)
Personal Qualities Necessary To Be A Good Lover
“One of you should know how to write a check. Because, even if you have tons of love, there is still going to be a lot of bills.” (Ava 8)
Some Surefire Ways To Make A Person Fall In Love With You
“Tell them you own a whole bunch of candy stores.” (Del, 6)
“Don’t do things like have smelly, green sneakers. You might get attention, but attention ain’t the same thing as love.” (Alonzo, 9)
“One way is to take the girl out to eat. Make sure it’s something she likes to eat. French fries usually works for me.” (Bart, 9)
How Can You Tell If Two Adults Eating Dinner At A Restaurant Are In Love
“Just see if the man picks up the check. That’s how you can tell if he’s in love.” (John, 9)
“Lovers will just be staring at each other and their food will get cold. Other people care more about the food,” (Brad, 8)
“It’s love if they order one of those desserts that are on fire. They like to order those because it’s just like their hearts are on fire.” (Christine, 9)
What Most People Are Thinking When They Say “I Love You”
“The person is thinking: Yeah, I really do love him, but I hope he showers at least once a day.” (Michelle, 9)
How A Person Learns To Kiss
“You learn it right on the spot, when the gushy feelings get the best of you.” (Doug, 7)
“It might help if you watched soap operas all day.” (Carin, 9)
When Is It Okay To Kiss Someone?
“It’s never okay to kiss a boy. They always slobber all over you…that’s why I stopped doing it.” (Jean, 10)
How To Make Love Endure
“Spend most of your time loving instead of going to work.” (Tommy, 7)
“Don’t forget your wife’s name…that will mess up the love.” (Roger, 8)
“Be a good kisser. It might make your wife forget that you never take the trash out.” (Randy, 8)
Lemons can be a great source of entertainment. Especially when you give babies the opportunity to taste it for the first time! Check out these images of toddlers reacting to tasting lemon for the first time..
Below is the actual video collaboration between David Wile and April Maciborka of babies tasting lemon for the first time.
The post Toddlers Reacting To Tasting Lemon for the First Time appeared first on Better Parenting.
Made of laser-cut mylar, these dreamy hanging pendant lamps that look like Jellyfish were created by designer Roxy Russell [visit: roxyrussell.bigcartel.com] and the entire collection is called the Medusae Collection. Polyp Pendant Lamp The many arms of this beautiful lamp, unfold into luminous tentacles to give a full, rich texture of ornate bloom. Ophelia […]
Although designed and built for the prominent purpose of defence, today these most amazing castles from around the globe seem like something from a fairytale world… from solid strongholds to oriental fortresses and highly decorative palaces.
Hohenzollern Castle – Germany
Castle Howard – England
Alcázar of Segovia – Spain
Himeji Castle – Japan
Prague Castle – The Czech Republic
Peleş Castle – Romania
Chambord Castle – France
Neuschwanstein Castle – Germany
Catherine Palace – Russia
Matsumoto Castle – Japan
Burg Eltz Castle – Germany
Eilean Donan Castle – Scotland
Neuchâtel Castle – Switzerland
Guaita Fortress – San Marino
Conwy Castle – Wales
Mont Saint Michel – France
Hohensalzburg Castle – Austria
Chillon Castle – Switzerland
Kilkenny Castle – Ireland
Prague Castle – Prague
Bodiam Castle – England
Here are some must-have books for baby’s first library. These are not only pictures of animals but include books with substance too. Many are great for six month old, but also good for older toddlers.
1. The Velveteen Rabbit
2. Goodnight Moon
by Margaret Wise Brown
Goodnight Moon is an American children’s book written by Margaret Wise Brown and illustrated by Clement Hurd. It was first published in 1947, and is a highly acclaimed example of a bedtime story
3. The Giving Tree
by Shel Silverstein
‘Once there was a tree…and she loved a little boy.’
So begins a story of unforgettable perception, beautifully written and illustrated by the gifted and versatile Shel Silverstein.
4. Guess How Much I Love You
5. The Very Hungry Caterpillar
5 More Books For Baby’s First Library
6. Oh, The Places You’ll Go!
by Dr. Seuss
A perennial favorite. From soaring to high heights and seeing great sights to being left in a Lurch on a prickle-ly perch, Dr. Seuss addresses life’s ups and downs with his trademark humorous verse and illustrations, while encouraging readers to find the success that lies within.
7. Oh, What a Tangle!
by Anita Pouroulis
Kiki is an artistic, little girl who’d prefer to do anything other than brush her hair every day. There are simply so many other better things to do! So it comes as no surprise when Kiki’s hair develops a tiny knot. But rather than wish it gone, Kiki nurtures that knot until it becomes something grand, something worthy of an incredible story.
8. But Not the Hippopotamus
9. The Little Engine That Could
10. The Tale of Peter Rabbit
by Beatrix Potter
Mr. McGregor has two things on his mind when he sees Peter in his garden. One is the safety of his lettuces; the other is rabbit pie. Peter was carefully told not to go into Mr. McGregor’s garden, but some little bunnies have to learn things the hard way.
This approx. 675 square foot, corner apartment in Cobble Hill, New York was gut renovated, and changed from being a one bedroom to a two bedroom unit. The existing brick wall was exposed, and opened up the kitchen to the living space. A custom sliding counter, is made from a re-claimed bowling alley floor. And […]
The post Minimalist Cobble Hill Apartment By Co Adaptive Architecture appeared first on Glam Home Decor.
This is what happens when you are a dad with a great sense of humour, and you are asked to complete a personality survey for a daycare that your 11-month-old daughter is going to attend.
The questionnaire, from the Only About Children daycare in Sydney, Australia, is intended for children up to age 5 and asked parents to list their child’s strengths, interests and goals.
In the section that asks what friends the child likes to play with, Emma’s father answers: “Not ones that adults can see, like unicorns and pixies.” Under interests, he included “food as art/clothing” and “firmly gripping dog’s hair.”
The post Dad Fills Out Daughter’s Daycare Questionnaire [Hilarious] appeared first on Better Parenting.
With only 21 square meters (or about 215 square feet) to work with the designers at MYCC Architecture were forced to draw on an unusual source of inspiration for this tiny madrid house. The design by was modelled after an old video game, Super Mario Bros. using ladders and stairs that connect platforms inserted in […]
Artist Grant Snider of Incidental Comics created this webcomic titled ‘A Year Of Parenting‘ that tells ultimate truth of having kids and documents his first 12 months experience of parenting.
“To celebrate my daughter’s first birthday, I drew my most autobiographical comic ever.” – Snider
A man falls 4 stories off the top of a building while proposing to his fiancee. After calling for attention at a rooftop party to ask his girlfriend to marry him. He steps on the ledge to make a speech and asks a friend to toss him the ring.
The throw is was off, and the man falls off the building trying to grab it. His poor fiancee practically has a heart attack, only to find him landed safely in a giant inflatable pad
The best part? The parking lot is already set up with a huge sign that says “Will you marry me?”
The post Crazy Marriage Proposal – Guy Falls Off Building [Video] appeared first on Wedding Boutique.
Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese frosting never goes out of style and one bite will tell you why!
This rich and moist spice cake, full of grated carrot and nuts, has great flavor, especially when covered with a tangy and sweet cream cheese frosting.
Carrot Cake Ingredients
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cloves
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 teaspoon ground allspice
¾ teaspoon salt
3 cups grated carrots
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1 cup shredded coconut (sweetened or unsweetened)
½ cup raisins
2 cups granulated sugar
1 cup canola oil
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
4 ounces (½ cup) unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 pound (3¾ cups) powdered sugar
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1. Position the racks in the oven into thirds and preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour three 9×2-inch round cake pans. Put two pans on one baking sheet and one on another.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, allspice and salt. In another bowl, stir together the carrots, chopped nuts, coconut and raisins.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the sugar and oil together on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs one by one, and continue to beat until the batter is even smoother. Reduce the speed to low and add the flour mixture, mixing only until the dry ingredients disappear. Gently mix in the chunky ingredients. Divide the batter among the three baking pans.
4. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, rotating the pans from top to bottom and front to back at the midway point, until a thin knife inserted into the centers comes out clean; the cakes will have just started to come away from the sides of the pans. Transfer the cakes to cooling racks and cool for about 5 minutes, then run a knife around the sides of the cakes and unmold them. Invert and cool to room temperature right side up. (The cakes can be wrapped airtight and kept at room temperature overnight or frozen for up to 2 months.)
5. To make the frosting: Beat the cream cheese and butter together until smooth and creamy. Gradually add the sugar and continue to beat until the frosting is velvety smooth. Beat in the vanilla extract until well-combined.
6. To assemble, stack the layers, spreading a generous amount of frosting between layers and then cover the top and sides. Garnish and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving.
Enjoy the carrot cake And let me know how it turns out.
Ingredients For This Six Layer Chocolate Cake With Marshmallow Filling
Chocolate Cake Ingredients
2½ cups + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
3 cups granulated sugar
1 cup + 1 tablespoon Dutch-process cocoa powder
1 tablespoon baking soda
1½ teaspoons baking powder
1½ teaspoons salt
3 eggs, at room temperature
1½ cups buttermilk, at room temperature
1½ cups strong black coffee, hot
¾ cup vegetable oil
4½ teaspoons vanilla extract
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup light corn syrup
1/4 cup water
1/8 teaspoon fine salt
2 large egg whites, at room temperature
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Malted Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
2 cups unsalted butter, at room temperature
4 cups powdered sugar
¾ cup Ovaltine Classic
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
8 ounces semisweet or dark chocolate chocolate, melted and cooled
½ cup heavy cream
Make the Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease three 8-inch round cake pans, line the bottoms with rounds of parchment paper, grease the parchment, then flour the insides of the pans, tapping out excess; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer (or large mixing bowl if you’re using a hand mixer), sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, buttermilk, coffee, oil and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix for 2 minutes on medium speed. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl and mix for an additional 20 seconds (the batter will be very thin).
- Divide the batter evenly among prepared pans. Bake for 20 minutes and rotate the pans in the oven. Continue to bake until a toothpick inserted into the center of one of the cakes comes out almost clean (with a few moist crumbs), about 12 more minutes. Cool the cakes (in the pans) on wire racks for 20 minutes, then carefully turn them out onto cooling racks to cool completely.
- Stir together the sugar, corn syrup, water, and salt in a small saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 240°F on a candy/fat thermometer.
- Place the egg whites and cream of tartar in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with a whisk attachment. Start whipping the egg whites to soft peaks on medium speed. (The goal is to have the egg whites whipped and ready, waiting for your syrup to be drizzled in. If they’re whipping faster than your syrup is coming to temperature, just stop the mixer until the syrup is ready.)
- When the syrup reaches 240°F, reduce the mixer speed to low and slowly drizzle about 2 tablespoons of syrup into the egg whites to warm them. (If you add too much syrup at once, the whites will scramble.) Slowly drizzle in the rest of the syrup. Increase the speed to medium high and whip until the marshmallow crème is stiff and glossy, about 7 minutes. Add in the vanilla and whip 2 minutes more. Use immediately or refrigerate stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Make the Marshmallow Crème :
- Beat the butter and powdered sugar on low speed until blended together, about 1 minute. Add the Ovaltine, vanilla and salt, and continue to beat on low until well combined, about 1 to 2 minutes. Add the melted chocolate and beat on medium speed until smooth, about 2 minutes. Add the heavy cream and beat on medium-high speed for another minute.
Make the Malted Chocolate Frosting:
- Slice each cake layer in half horizontally so you have six cake layers. Place your first layer face-up on a cake plate and cover with one-third of the Toasted Marshmallow Frosting. Place another cake layer face-up and cover with about ¾ to 1 cup of Malted Chocolate Frosting. Repeat, alternating marshmallow and chocolate filling layers, until you come to your cake final layer, which you will place face-down. Frost the entire outside of cake with the remaining Malted Chocolate Frosting.
Assemble the Cake:
Cake is best served the same day it is made, but leftovers can be stored at room temperature or in the refrigerator, well-wrapped, for up to 3 days.
The 580 sq ft Hollywood home of Mad Men star Vincent Kartheiser Kartheiser’s tiny designer apartment was recently featured in Dwell magazine. It’s a small space; a converted 580 square foot cabin that feels surprisingly spacious and airy. The separated Eames lounge chair and ottoman work nicely as an extra seat. The bed hangs from […]
The post Mad Men Star Vincent Kartheiser’s Tiny Hollywood Apartment appeared first on Glam Home Decor.
Nature Park Kaunergrat. This beautiful Austrian natural park is characterised by the high mountain area of the Oetztal Alps.
Lake Faak or Faaker See
Lake Faak or Faaker See is an alpine lake in the Austrian state of Carinthia. With an area of approximately 2.2 km², it is the state’s fifth-largest lake. Lake Faak is a popular vacation and swimming destination, known for its clear turquoise water
A stunning deep blue lake in the Vilsalpsee Nature Reserve. It is one of the most popular destinations in the Tannheimer valley.
Abandoned Victorian Style Greenhouse