REMEMBER SKIP-IT FROM THE 90’S
my weapon of choice during school yard fights
that shit HURT
I’d enjoy some four person “tennis” in “Antarctica”, if you’ll pardon the doubles on tundra
Mad Max: Fury Road + Popular Text Posts
In a cover shoot for Attitude magazine, actor Matthew Lewis stripped down to his underwear and revealed impressive pecs and abs, with what looks like a majestic wand to match. This proved too much for Rowling, who responded with the above (hilarious) tweets. But she wasn’t the only Potter person to speak up, even Lucius Malfoy portrayer Jason Isaacs got in on the action.
the struggle is real
Millie lets me know exactly how she feels about the jingle ball. #birdvines
We exist for a mere blink of an eye in astronomical terms.
kept getting requests for gryphons so heres a bunch of them At Once
I hear my mom shrieking downstairs, shouting up to me about “THE CATS! THE CATS!”
I run downstairs, thinking someone has died or something and see THIS:
I FEEL LIKE I NEED TO PUNCH SOMETHING TO GET OVER THE ADORABLENESS
They look like they’re about to break out in a musical number
This post got better since I re-blogged it earlier.
the best explanation I have ever heard
when they want the thick hair but not the thick eyebrows
when they want the ‘forehead jewel’ but not the ‘dothead’
when they want the tan skin but not the darkest of night
when they want the third eye but not the perspective
when they want the bangles but not the troubles
when they want the flavor but not the smell
when they want to practice but not understand
when they want the trend but not the history
when they want the benefits but not the disadvantages
when they want the light but not the heat
when they want the culture but not you
indian ringneck laughing at a budgie falling off his perch
well done buttbirb
Birb strike a pose!
(Photo is mine)
here is displayign both of bottom and face NICE JOB
For those who are travelling, living in a foreign country, or who grew up as part of the diaspora, keeping your fast can be difficult–especially if you’re doing it alone. I’ve compiled some resources to help me out, and I thought I’d share for anyone who finds themselves in a similar situation!
- A general explanation of the meaning of Ramadan, and proper conduct during it
- How to perform wudu before prayer
- How to pray salat al-maghrib, written and video instructions with English translations
- Find what time maghrib is wherever you are in the world (you can also listen to the adhan and even autoplay it at the appropriate time at this site, but in my opinion the audio quality is a bit low)
- Listen to adhan al-maghrib in Madinah
- Or Makkah
- Read and listen to the Qur'an in Arabic and English (also allows you to break the text up into 30 azja so that you can complete it in a month)
- How to make Moroccan / Maghrebi mint tea
- Recipes for suhoor
- A bunch of easy recipes for iftar, and a bunch more
- And some for vegetarians!
I hope this is helpful to anyone who, like me, isn’t within earshot of a mosque and / or isn’t sharing their fast with family.
Bettawfeeq, and Ramadan Mubarak!