19 Apr 08:50
- All Massachusetts authorities could say for sure is that they found the lifeless body of a small boy, apparently cast off the side of a highway.
18 Apr 12:30
- The Utah State Medical Examiner's Office has completed autopsies of seven infants found in cardboard boxes in a woman's garage, but it is unclear when the results will be released.
18 Apr 07:48
- A Navy officer was relieved of duty Friday because of unspecified alleged misconduct while he was commanding officer of the Blue Angels precision flying team, the service said.
18 Apr 05:20
- Cheryl Miller and Pamella Jackson had planned to celebrate the end of the 1971 school year by gathering with classmates at a quarry along a gravel road.
17 Apr 07:24
Two fire trucks heading to a burning home collided Wednesday
in a Los Angeles suburb, sending one careening into a restaurant and injuring 15
people, including six firefighters.
16 Apr 10:31
- After he was convicted of armed robbery in 2000, Cornealious Anderson was sentenced to 13 years behind bars and told to await instructions on when and where to report to prison. But those instructions never came.
16 Apr 10:30
- The man arrested near the Boston Marathon finish line carrying a backpack containing a rice cooker was sent to a state psychiatric facility for an evaluation Wednesday after an initial court appearance.
15 Apr 07:42
- In its prime, a massive steam locomotive known as Big Boy No. 4014 was a moving eruption of smoke and vapor, a 6,300-horsepower brute dragging heavy freight trains over the mountains of Wyoming and Utah.
14 Apr 15:20
- Two parolees raped and killed at least four women while wearing GPS trackers, and there may be more victims, a California police chief alleged Monday.
18 Apr 16:11
Ospreys are building nests. An osprey cam has been set up to watch one of them.
19 Apr 08:51
- A rare snowy owl that was apparently hit by a bus in the nation's capital and sent to Minnesota for rehab is back in the wild once again.
18 Apr 13:50
- The Delmarva Chicken Festival, an annual tradition to promote the region's poultry industry, will hold its final event this summer.
18 Apr 16:27
The pollen count was above 1,000 last weekend. A count of 75 is considered high.
17 Apr 06:46
Antigone Rising performs
Saturday night at Jammin Java.
17 Apr 07:57
A pair of federally protected birds built a home in front of a Maryland highway camera along the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, but efforts to relocate their nest Friday morning led to its destruction.
17 Apr 09:23
The Washington area is used to getting carded: federal buildings, downtown offices and military facilities -- all require some ID.
17 Apr 07:57
A pair of ospreys have decided to build their nest in front of a traffic cam above the Chesapeake Bay Bridge.
17 Apr 14:11
A sloth bear cub and a seal pup at the National Zoo have new names, the zoo announced.
17 Apr 13:11
Many residents are holding out hope that the unusually cold, harsh winter reduced the number of ticks, stink bugs and other pests that will be buzzing and crawling around this summer.
17 Apr 09:20
The medium-security Maryland Correctional Training Center near Hagerstown is becoming the fourth state prison where inmates who served in the military help train service dogs for disabled veterans.
17 Apr 07:20
Three Fairfax County rescue dogs and their handlers are heading home after two weeks searching for victims of a deadly mudslide in Washington state.
14 Apr 06:58
The warmer weather has brought an increase in rabies cases, including rabid cats. Health officials says this is a good time to make sure your dog or cat's rabies vaccination is up-to-date.
14 Apr 11:50
- Virginia Beach Emergency Medical Services has
increased security procedures following the theft of drugs from two rescue stations
and a locker at a hospital.
14 Apr 11:40
- Authorities are investigating a fire that destroyed the
historic Alms House at the Shenandoah County Farm.
14 Apr 08:13
They're calling it the Million Pibble March, but the organizer says that 5,000 people is the real goal.
14 Apr 07:10
- An equine neurological disease caused by a virus has been confirmed in a horse from Northern Virginia.
14 Apr 05:15
Some areas of Fairfax County are about to undergo aerial spraying in the effort to get rid of fall cankerworm caterpillars.
11 Apr 08:52
Flowers are common in the home around Easter and Mother's Day, but local veterinarians say they can be dangerous to pets.
13 Apr 15:10
Some of the biggest health insurance companies in the country are poised to benefit from the debate over expanding Medicaid in Virginia, regardless of its outcome.